Welcome to the Atlantic County Library System - the information center in Atlantic County. Our mission is to strengthen the quality of life in our diverse communities by providing learning opportunities, fostering a love of reading, connecting people to technology, and providing resources for entertainment. Learn more about the Atlantic County Library System's vision for the future in our 2019-2022 Strategic Plan.
Our library system includes ten branches located throughout Atlantic County. In addition, ACLS operates a reading center in Buena Township, maintains a collection at Atlantic Cape Community College, offers a Books By Mail service, and participates in the Interlibrary Loan program. In 2021, the population of Atlantic County was approximately 274,534.
2021 presented operational challenges for the Atlantic County Library System as it did for so many institutions and businesses throughout the world. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and following CDC guidelines, ACLS expanded in person services to our community and installed self-checkout kiosks at our branches. Branches continued to offer curbside pickup and patrons were encouraged to place holds through ACLS' online catalog or our mobile app. In the summer of 2021, in person programming resumed at our branches and virtual programing was posted on YouTube and social media to further reach our community. Most branches are now operating at pre-pandemic hours but maintain occupancy restrictions. These are re-evaluated and extended with the release of new State and County directives.
Recognizing the necessity of online content that is available 24/7, ACLS bolstered our digital media and databases. This included a subscription to Hoopla which provided even more audio and visual titles for patrons. An online application procedure made it possible to register new accounts thus facilitating accessibility to our digital services. Additionally, ACLS procured 25 Mobile WIFI Hotspots for circulation to help bridge the digital divide.
- 2021 Atlantic County Library System Statistics
- 420,648 people walked through our doors
- There were:
- 564,557 items circulated
- 37,384 registered card holders
- 333,822 printed volumes (books & serials) owned
- 19,109 audio volumes (spoken word & music) owned
- 48,920 video volumes owned
- 40 subscribed databases
- 31,849 eBooks, 5,972 eAudiobooks & 3,157 eMagazines in collection
- 159,357 downloads or views in 8 digital media services
- 1,291 people, on average, used our mobile app monthly
- 161 public computers available with internet
- 44,618 public computer uses
- 57,962 WiFi sessions
- 841 children programs
- 56 young adult programs
- 261 adult programs
- 40 virtual programs
- 120,899 YouTube views
- 18,523 reference requests
- FAQs - Have a question? Find an answer.
- Jobs Opportunities
- The Atlantic County Library System is a division of Atlantic County government. All open job postings for both the Library and the County can be found, and applied for, online on the Atlantic County Division of Human Resources page.
About Us Archive
|• 2020||• 2019||• 2018|
|• 2017||• 2016||• 2015 | Wavelength|
|• 2014 | Wavelength||• 2013 Wavlength||• 2012 Wavelength|
|• 2011 Wavelength|