Welcome to the Atlantic County Library System - the information center in Atlantic County. Our mission is to strengthen the quality of life in our diverse communities by providing learning opportunities, fostering a love of reading, connecting people to technology, and providing resources for entertainment. Learn more about the Atlantic County Library System's vision for the future in our 2019-2022 Strategic Plan.
With the addition of Absecon on October 1, 2021, our library system includes ten branches located throughout Atlantic County. In addition, the library offers a Books By Mail service and participates in the Interlibrary Loan program. In 2020, the population of Atlantic County was approximately 263,670 with an estimated 204,510 residents in the tax paying municipalities that make up the Atlantic County Library System.
2020 presented operational challenges for the Atlantic County Library System as it did for so many institutions and businesses throughout the world. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and following CDC guidelines, ACLS suspended in person library services on March 16, 2020. During this time, our digital media and databases remained available 24/7 for all our patrons. A new online application procedure, made it possible to register new accounts and to renew existing ones thus facilitating accessibility to our digital services. On June 15, 2020, all branches began offering curbside pickup. Patrons were encouraged to place holds through ACLS' online catalog or our mobile app and were scheduled times to pick up items at designated stations outside their local branch. Virtual programing, to further reach our community, was also initiated on YouTube and social media. Part time hours for in person library services resumed on July 6, 2020. As of, March 2021, ACLS is still running on a limited schedule and occupancy restrictions. These are re-evaluated and extended with the release of new State and County directives.
- 2020 Atlantic County Library System Statistics
- 415,636 people walked through our doors
- There were:
- 624.696 items circulated
- 38,180 registered card holders
- 340,470 printed volumes (books & serials) owned
- 27,616 audio volumes (spoken word & music) owned
- 48,592 video volumes owned
- 40 subscribed databases
- 33,030 eBooks & eAudiobooks in collection
- 196,347 downloads or views in 9 digital media services
- 1,219 people, on average, used our mobile app monthly
- 161 public computers available with internet
- 39,690 public computer uses
- 50,978 WiFi sessions
- 458 children programs
- 34 young adult programs
- 481 adult programs
- 85 virtual programs
- 12,379 reference requests
- FAQs - Have a question? Find an answer.
- Jobs Opportunities
- The Atlantic County Library System is a division of Atlantic County government. All open job postings for both the Library and the County can be found, and applied for, online on the Atlantic County Division of Human Resources page.
About Us Archive
|• 2019||•2018||• 2017|
|• 2016||• 2015 | Wavelength||• 2014 | Wavelength|
|• 2013 Wavlength||• 2012 Wavelength||• 2011 Wavelength|