National Library Week (April 7- 13, 2019) is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation's libraries and library workers and to promote library use and support. From free access to books and online resources for families to library business centers that help support entrepreneurship and retraining, libraries offer opportunity to all.
6 Ways to Celebrate National Library Week:
- Stop in any Atlantic County Library System branch to peruse our shelves, use our computers, or just relax with a newspaper.
- Search our catalog to find books, audiobooks, DVDs, music and magazines.
- Say "Hi" and "Thanks" to our staff on Tuesday, April 9 for National Library Workers Day.
- Access our online resources - available 24/7. Download a book, music or magazines and use our databases to learn a language, do research, get homework help or just to learn something new.
- Join one of our programs or events. Some of the programs currently available at the Atlantic County Library System include storytimes, book clubs, computer skills workshops, chess clubs, knitting groups, concerts, informative talks, and health & fitness workshops.
- Follow and share on social media, with hashtags #NationalLibraryWeek, #LibrariesTransform & #LibrariesStrong to show your support.
During this time, libraries also recognize their viability relies on community use and support. With that in mind, the Atlantic County Library System staff thanks all of you and we are honored to be part of your lives.