Freegal is a free music service which offers download or streaming access to more than 9 million songs and 15,000 music videos, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists. In total the collection is comprised of music from over 28,000 labels with music that originates in over 80 countries.
To access your Freegal benefits, you will need your library card number and PIN to log in. Freegal works with almost all computers, players, tablets, and smartphones. No special software is needed, but there are Apple and Android apps available for a more mobile friendly use.
Atlantic County Library Card holders can enjoy Freegal Music two ways --
- Downloading: 5 download credits a week (limit resets midnight Sunday). Songs and videos don’t expire, you own them!
- Music videos cost 2 of your allotted credits. If you do not have 2 credits available you will not be able to download a music video.
- Song downloads are all in the MP3 format and videos are in the MP4 format, with no Digital Rights Management so you have complete control and ownership of what you download.
- Streaming: 3 hours of music every day. Listen to entire albums, premade playlists, or create your own playlists.
- Use streaming to preview songs you may wish to download.
- Downloading: To download a song or video, click Download Now or the + symbol to its right. Click Save or Save as to select a location and save it on your home computer or a flash drive.
- Warning - Even if you cancel the download, you have used up one of your 5 downloads.
- Re-downloading: You can get previously downloaded songs or videos again, from this or last week, by going to Downloads on the left of the screen. You may do this up to 2 additional times. Once you have re-downloaded a song twice, the song/video titles disappear from this list.
- Creating Wishlists: My Wishlist is a tool for when you have reached your weekly download limit. Browse the site and make your selections by clicking the + button on the right side of the song bar and choosing add to wishlist.
- Creating Playlists: You can either listen to a whole album or create playlists of your favorite songs using the Create and Store Playlists function under the Streaming section of the site.
Over 200 different genres; everything from Classical Music to Rap,
including Pop, Rock, Children’s, Country, Classical and many more…