Freegal is a downloadable music service based on catalogs from over 28,000 labels that originate in over 80 countries plus the complete Sony digital music collection. This means our patrons have access to more than 7 million songs and 10,000 music videos. Songs and videos don’t expire, you own them!
Library cardholders are limited to 3 downloaded tracks a week and your limit resets on Sunday at midnight. Music videos will cost you 2 of your allotted downloads. If you do not have 2 downloads available you will not be able to download a music video.
- Choosing: To preview a song or video, click the circular arrow icon to the left of the song or video.
- Important: Any time you click on "Download Now," even if you “cancel” the download, you have used up one of your 3 downloads for the week.
- Downloading: To download a song or video, click "Download Now" or the + button to its right. Click "Save" and select a location to save it on your home computer or a flash drive.
- Re-downloading: To download a song again, from this week or last week of your initial downloads, go to "Downloads" on the left of the screen and press the "download now" link. You may do this up to 2 additional times. Once you have downloaded a song twice from the Recent Downloads page, the song titles disappear from your list because they are no longer available to you.
- Creating wishlists: "My Wishlist" is a tool for when you have reached your weekly download limit. Simply browse the site and make your selections by pressing the + button on the right-hand side of the song bar. You will see a pop-up that says "add to wishlist".