If my PIN doesn't work?
- If your PIN does not work or if you don't know your PIN, have forgotten it or want a new one, visit your nearest branch library with proper ID for assistance. PINs cannot be relayed over the phone for security reasons.
What is a PIN?
- Your Personal ID Number, or PIN, is a four-digit number you choose to protect your account. It works with your 14 digit library card number (which can be found under the barcode).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Always keep your PIN private. Never share your card number or PIN with anyone over the phone.
How do I know my PIN?
- Your PIN was assigned at the time your library card was issued.
- If you cannot access your account, you don't know your PIN or you want a new one, visit your nearest branch library with proper ID for assistance.
When do I use my PIN?
- To access your library account information online. A link to log in to your library account is found at the top of all library web pages and in our catalog. This allows you to find out what items you currently have out, what you have on hold, what's overdue and if you have any fines. You can also place items on hold online and renew items you have checked out.
- To access your account, renew items and place holds from our mobile app.
- To log in to a public computer at any of our branches and to print materials.
- To access digital media services (eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, music downloads, streaming video) and to login to some of our databases.
Can I change my PIN?