Memberships to the ACLS are free to all residents of Atlantic
County. Simply present a valid NJ driver license, utility bill, tax bill or
other proof of current address at any Atlantic County Library System branch.
Children 13 and under must have a parent's permission to join. There is no
minimum age to join.
Library card applications and eligibility information
Questions about the library? Call or visit a branch near you.
- BOOKS - unlimited
number (maximum of three on one topic) for three week loan.
- MAGAZINES - total
of ten, with a maximum of three of one title, may be borrowed for three weeks.
- CDs and CASSETTES - a total of six may be borrowed for three weeks.
- DVDs and VIDEOCASSETTES - A total of four DVDs and/or videocassettes can be
borrowed for a seven day loan period, and the borrower must be at least 18. There is no charge to borrow these
items if returned before overdue. After seven days, late fees will be
- BOOKMOBILE - There
is a four week loan period for all books. Up to eight books and four magazines
may be checked out at one time. No overdue fines are charged.
- Borrowed items may
be returned at any branch or bookmobile stop.
- Books, magazines,
CDs and cassettes - $.05 per day, maximum fine $2.00 per item.
- DVDs and Videocassettes - $1.00 per day, maximum fine $20.00 per item.
All items (except DVDs, interlibrary loan materials from
another library, and videocassettes) may be renewed as long as they are not on request for another
person. You may renew by phone. You may renew items, up to four
times, on your own from a computer in the library or from your own computer
using the Library
Please note: overdue items can not be renewed
|Lost, Damaged or Stolen Library Materials
- You are responsible for the replacement costs, plus a $2.00 processing fee, for any damaged, lost or stolen items that were checked out on your library card.
- Charges for interlibrary loan items are set by the lending library.
- The library is not responsible for any damage to your equipment that occurs while playing a library’s DVDs, video cassettes, CDs and sound cassettes.