- All Atlantic County Residents - Proof of residency is all that is needed.
- Employees of Atlantic County Government- Must present County Government ID.
- All students attending, and faculty of, Atlantic County Schools - This includes public, charter, colleges, parochial and private schools. Nonresidents need to show a school ID. The expiration date of the ID or one year will be used as an expiration date for the library card.
- Members of the Military assigned to Atlantic County stations - For example the Air National Guard located at Atlantic City Airport. Use the military ID. Expiration date of library card is one year.
- Employees of Atlantic County Businesses - Must show employee ID. Expiration date of library card is one year.
- County Property Owners – If a patron does not live in a member municipality, but owns a business or property in a member municipality, he/she is eligible for a free library card. The patron should present a current tax bill. A tax bill showing the property address and block and lot numbers should be presented. Applicants must also present a valid driver's license with their home address if the property is not your actual residence."
Members of county library systems that have reciprocal agreements with Atlantic County Library System are also eligible for a free ACLS library card. The individual must have a library card with the reciprocal library system or show proof of residency in a member community of that library system. Expiration date for library card is one year.
ACLS has reciprocal agreements with the following county library systems:
- Burlington County Library (All communities except Moorestown, Mount Laurel, Willingboro)
- Camden County Library (Including the following communities: Audubon Park, Barrington, Bellmawr, Berlin, Berlin Twp., Brooklawn, Chesilhurst, Clementon, Gibbsboro, Gloucester Twp., Haddon Twp., Hi Nella, Lawnside, Laurel Springs, Lindenwold, Magnolia, Merchantville, Mt. Ephraim, Oaklyn, Pine Hill, Pine Valley, Somerdale, Tavistock, Voorhees, WinslowTwp., Woodlynne
- Cape May County Library (All communities except Avalon and Ocean City)
- Gloucester County Library (Including the following communities: Clayton, Harrison Twp., S. Harrison Twp., E. Greenwich Twp., Logan Twp., Swedesboro, Elk Twp., Mantua Twp., Woodbury Heighs, Glassboro, National Park, Woolwich Twp., Greenwich Twp., and Newfield Public Library