Personal ID Number (PIN)
If my PIN doesn't work?
- If your PIN does not work or if you don't know your PIN, have forgotten it or want a new one, visit your nearest branch library for assistance.
What is a PIN?
- A Personal ID Number, or PIN, is a four-digit number you choose to protect your account. It works with your library card number (which can be found under the barcode).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Always keep your PIN private. Never share your card number or PIN with anyone (other than a library staff member) over the phone.
How do I know my PIN?
- Your PIN was assigned at the time your library card was issued.
- If you cannot access your account, you don't know your PIN or you want a new one, visit your nearest branch library for assistance.
When do I use my PIN?
- You will need your PIN to access your library account information. This allows you to find out what items you currently have out, what you have on hold, what's overdue and if you have any fines.
- You will need your PIN whenever you visit your library account page on our web site. A link to log in to your library account is found at the top of all library web pages.
- You will also need your PIN and library card number to log in to a public computer at any of our branches.
Can I change my PIN?
- Default library PINs must be changed the first time by library staff members. Once the change is made the first time, you will be able to reset the PIN yourself from your account online.