National Library Week was created to celebrate and promote the value, impact and services of libraries throughout the country. During this time, libraries also recognize their viability relies on patron and community use and support.
This year's theme, "Libraries Transform," is part of an ongoing initiative sponsored by the American Library Association. This campaign showcases how libraries transform with the times as well as how they transform the lives of the people who use them.
Here are some things you can do for National Library Week 2016:
- Visit your local library.
- Use your local library.
- Follow the Atlantic County Library System on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr.
- Follow I Love Libraries on Facebook or Twitter. The official hashtag of the campaign is #LibrariesTransform and #NLW16.
- Write your own "Because Statement" about why libraries matter and share with us or post on social media.
- Share your story about how the library transformed your life.
- Share a picture yourself using the Atlantic County Library System on Instagram with hashtags #LibrariesTransform, #NLW16 and/or #ACLS.
- Add a twibbon to your twitter or Facebook profile picture.
- Thank a library staff member on National Library Workers Day, Tuesday, April 12.
- Spread the word.