- If you see 'privilege expired' on your library account record or while accessing one of our digital media services, that means you need to present proof of address, in person, at one of our branches. Presenting proof of address is a security feature we require all patrons to do once a year. This also helps ensure that we have the correct information in our records should we need to contact you. See this page for acceptable forms of proof of address.
- We do accept donations but reserve the right to determine whether to add them to our collection or to put them out for book sale. Due to space limitations each branch determines when they can accept donations so individuals should contact their local branch for details. Please call ahead to your local branch to ask if a donation will be taken at that time.
- Travel directions and a map can be found on each branch web page. You can get door to door directions from the branch pages using the Google Maps application on those pages. Find your branch web page here.
What if I lose or damage my Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials?
- If you should lose or damage your Interlibrary Loan item, you are responsible for the fee assessed by the lending library. The Interlibrary Loan Office will contact the lending library, receive a bill and inform you of the charges. Failure to pay these charges will result in you being unable to continue to use your library card until the obligation is satisfied.
- Absolutely. If you want an item found in our catalog, and it is not already checked out or on hold for someone else, we can usually have that item for you in a day or two. We'll call you when it arrives.
How do I apply for a job with the Atlantic County Library System?
- The Atlantic County Library is a Division of Atlantic County Government. To apply for a library job, please go to our Jobs with the Library page.
How do I get a list of library Playaway titles?
- Search the term "playaway" (no quotes) in our main catalog search box.