Memberships to the ACLS are free to all residents of Atlantic County. Simply present a valid NJ driver license, utility bill, tax bill or other proof of current address at any Atlantic County Library System branch. Children 13 and under must have a parent's permission to join. There is no minimum age to join.
Questions about the library? Call or visit a branch near you.
- BOOKS: Unlimited number (maximum of 3 on one topic) for 3 week loan.
- AUDIOBOOKS: A total of 6 may be borrowed for 3 weeks.
- MAGAZINES: A total of 10, with a maximum of 3 of one title, may be borrowed for 3 weeks.
- MUSIC CDs: A total of 6 may be borrowed for 3 weeks.
- DVDs: A total of 4 DVDs can be borrowed for a 7 day loan period and the borrower must be at least 18 years old. There is no charge for these items if returned by their due date. However, after the 7 day check out period, late fees will be assessed daily. DVDs cannot be renewed either online, by phone or in person.
- BOOKMOBILE: There is a 4 week loan period for all books. Up to 8 books and 4 magazines may be checked out at one time. No overdue fines are charged.
- Borrowed items may be returned at any branch or bookmobile stop.
- Books, Audiobooks, Music CDS and magazines: $.05 per day, maximum fine $2.00 per item.
- DVDs: $1.00 per day, maximum fine $20.00 per item.
All items (except DVDs and InterLibrary Loan materials) may be renewed as long as they are not on request for another person. You may renew by phone. You may renew items, up to 4 times, on your own from a computer in the library or from your own computer using the Library Catalog.
Please note: overdue items can not be renewed online.
Lost, Damaged or Stolen Library Materials
- You are responsible for the replacement costs, plus a $2.00 processing fee, for any damaged, lost or stolen items that were checked out on your library card.
- Charges for interlibrary loan items are set by the lending library.
- The library is not responsible for any damage to your equipment that occurs while playing a library’s DVDs, Audiobooks, Music CDs and Playaways.